Sakharov prize 2014, Europe's top human rights award, goes to DR Congo doctor Denis Mukwege.
The gynaecologist is honoured fo
Here are the Parameters on which government grants the status of Maharatna, Navratna and Miniratna to Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPS
Toothpick Tests ????..........The idea is that student should solve the CSAT question using only Toothpick- No Pen, No Pencil, Nothing ! Solve th
India has 30 world heritage sites — 24 cultural and 6 natural properties . While International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) evaluate
- Govt announces austerity measures.
- Govt. ordered a mandatory 10 per cent cut in the Centers non-Plan expenditure for 2014-15.
- Subsidies will face the brunt of cuts.
- Objective is to rationalize expenditure and optimize available resources.
- Bann on 1st class air travel by govt. officials, curbs on meeting in five star hotel.
- US fed tapering tapering to affect Indias capital flows.
- The RBI has cautioned that the U.S. Feds taper will trigger some pullback of dollar-denoted capital from India to back home.
- As a result the new govt. may have to find domestic sources for funding infrastructure.
- The U.S. Fed voted on Wednesday to end its bond-buying stimulus or Quantitative Easing (QE) but left unchanged its pledge to keep American interest rates at near-zero levels for a considerable time.
- A low cost generic respiratory drug launched by Cipla.
- The new drug in named as Indacaterol and sold under the Onbrez brand.
- Cipla has asked DIPP to revoke five patents of Novartis relating to the product citing need for public health access and stated the patent holder Novartis does not manufacture the drug in India.
- Novartis product is over 400 per cent more expensive than Ciplas product.
- Supreme Court had rejected last year the multinational company’s plea for getting its blood cancer drug Glivec patented in India and to restrain Indian companies from manufacturing generic drugs.
- Pankaj advani becomes first ever player to bag billiards triple double .
- Pankaj Advani outplayed England’s Robert Hall 1928-893 in the final of the IBSF World Billiards championship (timed format).
- He had won Arthur walker trophy(points format) few days back.