Mines are not only found on lands; they threaten lives in water as well.
Indian water, at present, is very vulnerable against sea-mines a
Here are the Parameters on which government grants the status of Maharatna, Navratna and Miniratna to Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPS
Apart from the earth, Moon is the only other celestial body to feel the boot of a man.
Do you know how many people have taken a walk on t
Palk Strait is an inlet of the Bay of Bengal which separates India from Sri Lanka.
The strait is named after Robert Palk, who was a governor of Mad
- Durban to become the first African city to host Commonwealth Games in 2022.
- The 71-member multisport event is played every four year by nations erstwhile under the British colonial rule.
- The hosting rights went to South Africa by default as there was no other bidder left to compete.
- The country see it as the dress rehearsal for possible Olympics bid for 2024 or 2028 edition.
- No African country has hosted either event.
- South Africa has successfully hosted the football, rugby union and cricket World Cup tournaments so far.
- The mega event was hosted by Glasgow in 2014 whereas the next (2018) edition will be held in Australia's Gold Coast.
- INS Alleppey - one of the only 7 Mine Sweepers of Indian Navy - is going to be decommissioned this year.
- Jagmohan Dalmiya unanimously elected as the new President of the BCCI for a 3-year stint.
- BCCI (Board of Control for Cricket in India) - the governing body of cricket in India - is the richest Cricket body in the world.
- Anurag Thakur: Secretary, Amitabh Choudhary: Joint Secretary and Anirudh Chaudhry: Treasurer
- 'Ola' - India's largest Cab Hiring startup - buys out its nearest rival TaxiForSure in a deal worth $200 million.
- However, both the companies will continue to have separate existence and operation as earlier.
- Market leader Ola has over one lakh vehicles on its platform and this deal will only strengthen its position among other rivals like Uber.