As feared, the recent Scotland referendum on independence may have opened the floodgates of regional secessionist movement around the w
Here are the Parameters on which government grants the status of Maharatna, Navratna and Miniratna to Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPS
Toothpick Tests ????..........The idea is that student should solve the CSAT question using only Toothpick- No Pen, No Pencil, Nothing ! Solve th
India has 30 world heritage sites — 24 cultural and 6 natural properties . While International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) evaluate
- RBI directs banks to partially freeze the accounts of those who don't comply to the KYC (Know Your Customer) norms within a reasonable period of time.
- The punitive measure is aimed at most of the old customers, especially the low-risk types, who are yet to meet the KYC requirements despite repeated pleas by the banks.
- RBI has further simplified the process by allowing self-certification of documents online and offline too.
- Physical presence of the customer and fresh proof of identity and address will no longer be mandatory for the periodic updating (for low risk customers in case of no change in status).
- Vigilance Commissioner Rajiv to act as the interim chief of the Central Vigilance Commission (CVC).
- The post lies vacant after the recent retirement of Central Vigilance Commissioner Pradeep Kumar.
- The CVC is headed by a Central Vigilance Commissioner and has two Vigilance Commissioners.
- A full-time Central Vigilance Commissioner is expected to be appointed soon.
- Anant Khasbardar (Maharashtra) wins Rs.50,000 prize for designing the Logo of Swachh Bharat Mission; Bhagyasri Sheth (Gujarat) bags Rs.25,000 for giving the tagline.
- They are the winners of the competition held to decide the logo and tagline of the Swachh Bharat Mission.
- Centre issues commemorative coins of 100 and 5 rupees denominations to mark the 100-year of 'Komagata Maru Incident'.
- A year-long celebration has also been unveiled.
- The Japanese ship 'Komagata Maru' carrying some 376 passengers from Punjab was held up on the Canadian shore in 1914.
- Despite passengers long-drawn resistance, most of them were finally deported to India.
- The observance celebrate their impressive resistance they showed in the face of adversity.