What is net neutrality?
Net neutrality is a regulating principle that makes internet to treat all the traffic on Internet equally since all the bit
An intelligence agency refers to a government institution which helps the country to cope with security matters and protects the nation from security
Running 11,000 trains,carrying 2.5 crore population daily and managing 1.6 million employees !!!! yes, we are talking about Indian Railways that we
Palk Strait is an inlet of the Bay of Bengal which separates India from Sri Lanka.
The strait is named after Robert Palk, who was a governor of Mad
- Sitaram Yechury takes over as the new chief of CPI(M)
- Yechury, 62, is the fifth general secretary of the CPI(M), taking over from Prakash Karat who served three terms as the party head.
- The party has never held an election for the post of general secretary as it has always been selected consensus
- Initially the headcount favoured S Ramachandran Pillai but then, some Central Committee CC members from West Bengal insisted on a vote if needed, but the party followed it's tradition of electing through consensus and not through voting following which Prakash Karat advised Pillai to withdraw.
- After which S Ramachandran Pillai candidature was withdrawn which paved the way for unanimous election of the 91-member Central Committee (CC)
- 18th April celebrated as World Heritage Day across the globe
- UNESCO established 18 April as the International Day for Monuments and Sites which is commonly known as World Heritage Day in 1983.
- World Heritage Day aims to raise public awareness about the diversity and vulnerability of the world’s built monuments and heritage sites and the efforts required to protect and conserve them.
- Indian National Trust for Art and Cultural Heritage (INTACH) and Delhi Metro organised a 'heritage walk' to spread awareness about the city's cultural and architectural legacy
Know more about UNESCO World Heritage Sites in India http://www.erewise.com/current-affairs/unesco-world-heritage-sites-in-india_art518a11e0d8456.html#.VTSRUiGqqko
- Vankadarath Saritha the first woman bus driver in Delhi Transport Corporation
- Vankadarath Saritha has been appointd as the first woman driver of Delhi Transport Corporation.
- Vankadarath Saritha, 30, has been currently posted at Sarojini Nagar depot and will be put on day-time duty at a route in the central part of Delhi
- She was praised by Delhi transport minister Gopal Rai for accepting the challenge of driving a bus on the roads of Delhi
- Vankadarath Saritha hails from Nalgonda district in Telengana and was working as a private chauffeur in south Delhi when she was hired by the DTC in March
- MoU signed between Rail Vikas Nigam Limited (RVNL) and Dighi Port Limited (DPL) to facilitate Port led growth
The Prime Minister’s vision of Port led growth takes shape in Maharahstra with the signing of MoU between Rail Vikas Nigam Limited (RVNL) and Dighi Port Limited (DPL) from Dighi to Roha integrating the region with DMIC
- Port led growth will play a very important role in the overall GDP growth of the country which is largely dependent on connectivity for industrialization and overall growth.
- Mr Fadnavis, Union Railway minister Suresh Prabhu, Union minister of heavy industries and public enterprises Anant Geete and minister of state for Railways Manoj Sinha were present on the occasion of signing of the MoU
- This is the 2nd MoU after Jaigad which was signed in 2014 for a 35 kms railway line connection.
- The entire coastline of India is 7600 kms of which 10% i.e. 760 kms is in Maharashtra so the MoU will change the entire landscape of the State and is expected to boost economical development of the country.