National Tribal Crafts Mela Aadishilp begins in New Delhi
- National Tribal Crafts Mela 'Aadishilp' that will act as a important platform for tribal artisans to showcase their talents was inagurated by Tribal Affairs Minister Jual Oram at Dilli Haat, New Delhi. The exhibition will be open till November 11.
- Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India Ltd (TRIFED) through its 44 sales counter all over the country is providing the much needed marketing system for tribal products.
- Unique and exquisite tribal artefacts of over 90 tribal artisans from all over the country are participating in this exhibition. Hand crafted items, handloom products, dry flowers, cane and bamboo products, tribal jewellery, dhokra craft, tribal weaves, embroidery, tribal paintings and lot more is being exhibited at the venue.
- The main objective of organising Aadishilp is to give tribal artisans an opportunity to showcase and sell their traditional art and craft works directly to the customers and get their feedback which would help them in having valuable design related and other inputs.
- TRIFED has also initiated the concept of sourcing tribal products by way of organizing Tribal Artisan Melas (TAMs) to identify new artisans and products from different regions/ States where tribal artisans are invited to display their products for selection and inclusion in the range of products marketed by TRIFED.
Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India Ltd. (TRIFED)
- TRIFED comes under Ministry of Tribal Affairs. It is the only apex body of Govt. of India which is engaged in the development and marketing of traditional tribal products including Metal craft, Paintings, Textiles, Jewellery, Natural/ Organic/ Herbal products etc.
- TRIFED's main objective is to improve the livelihood of the tribal communities by creating a sustainable market and create business opportunities for them based on their cultural knowledge and traditional skills whilst ensuring fair and equitable remuneration for their products by organizing Tribal Crafts Mela.
- TRIFED also focuses on trainings for skill up gradation and capacity building of tribal artisans and Minor Forest Produce gatherers.