Longest Rafting expedition ever in India – “Aqua Scullers” on the Ganges from Gangotri to Ganga Sagar (West Bengal) covering over 3000 Kms – flagged in by Indian Air Force.
>Login To Save for Revision
- The expedition took just 16 days (shortest duration ever) for completion.
- IAF thus becomes the first among the Indian Armed forces to have accomplished such a feat in Rafting.
- Cabinet approves amendments to SC/ST (Prevention of Atrocities) Act 1989.
the amendments will expand Act's scope, strengthen certain existing provisions ,add new offences ( eg. Obstructing use of common resources such as wells, grounds and socially and economically boycotting SCs and STs) and provides for stricter punishment in some cases
preventing SCs and STs from filing nominations for elections will also be now treated as crime ( denial of voting rights to them is already an offence).>Login To Save for Revision
- Krishna Mohan Sahni (a retired 1969 batch IAS officer) appointed Chairman of the National Multi-Commodity Exchange of India Ltd (NMCE)
He will take the position from Kailash Gupta, the founding Chairman, who was arrested for alleged multi-crore fraud under the Foreign Exchange Management Act and the Prevention of Money Laundering Act.>Login To Save for Revision
- RBI estimates Current Account Deficit (CAD- Governments expenditure over its Revenue) for this year to be $56b ($32b less than last year).
It equals about 3% of GDP.>Login To Save for Revision
- Cabinet Approves B.Sc. Community Health Course in State Universities.
>Login To Save for Revision
- A specialised cadre of health care workers for rural areas by instituting a three year course in state universities starting from next year will function under Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- ICE(Intercontinental Exchange) takes over NYSE Euronext.U.S. Market group ICE created a global financial market gaint by taking over U.S.- European stock market operator NYSE Euronext for $11 billion.
Most Popular Stories
Like us ?
Mar 12, 2015 India stands 7th in the world for number of nuclear reactors in operation; 14th in terms of net installed capacity among countries with nuclear power. show
Mar 05, 2015 Estimated 77 lakhs 'Foreign Tourist' visited India in the year 2014; a growth of 10.6 percent on last year 6.97 million.
By solving 2 + 2 won't make you genius or by liking Sai Baba post won't make you successful. But if you read boring current affairs delivered by erewise then it will certainly help you crack your exams.
Erewise is a revision web portal especially designed & dedicated to students who want to make it big in the world through their academic skills and talents.
We cater to the needs of those who seek career in high offices by cracking competitive exams like SSC, UPSC, Banking, State PCS and others by providing them with comprehensive and interactive learning contents that keep them abreast with the relevant news and events around the world in an appealing way.
Write for us
You can now write your ideas/views on the current affairs and let all others to read them by publishing them on our website.
It's a golden chance to analyse your state of preparations by writing on daily current events and reviewing response/comments received on them.