All India Football Federation (AIFF) awards 2013 : Player of the Year: Sunil Chhetri (winner in 2007 and 2011 also); Woman Player of the Year : Oinam Bembem Devi; Emerging Player of the Year: Jeje Lalpekhlua.
Other Awardees : Best grassroots development programme: Mizoram FA; Award for long-time contribution to Indian football: Tata Football Academy.>Login To Save for Revision
- New Corporate Governance norms as well as mutual fund policy announced by SEBI.>Login To Save for Revision
- Government bans retail sale of Oxytocin hormone drug by pharmacies to prevent its misuse by farmers and dairy owners.
Farmers injects Oxytocin to fruits and vegetables which increases its size while Oxytocin injection to cattles by dairy owners helps increasing milk output.
Oxytocin is a hormone present naturally in humans and helps in Milk production beside child birth. Therefore those consuming oxytocin injected fruits and milk were at the danger of irreversible hormonal imbalance.
Now bulk drug manufacturers can sell only to licenced units which can supply directly only to veterinary hospitals. Also to avoid its bulk sale, injections will be packed only in single unit packs.
Schedule H (Drugs and Cosmetics Rule, 1954) : Distribution of a particular drug based on the prescription of a Registered Medical Practitioner only.>Login To Save for Revision
- World’s largest Solar-Thermal power plant (**not Solar Photovoltaic), Ivanpah Solar Electric Generating System, opens in Mojave Desert, Nevada, USA. - read more>Login To Save for Revision
- Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) unveils new "global standard for automatic exchange of information between tax authorities" aiming at greater tax transparency to combat blackmoney.
India is already a signatory to this standard and would also acceed to these new protocols once it is endorsed by the finance ministers of G-20 group in a meeting scheduled in Feb. 2014.
These new standards are expected to tackle, more effectively, offshore tax evasions and illegal stashing of money besides simplifying automatic exchange procedures.>Login To Save for Revision
- Mount Kelud, a major Volcano, erupts in Surabaya (Indonesia's 2nd largest city and East Java province's capital).
5,680-feet Mount Kelud is among 130 active volcanoes in archipelago of Indonesia which is prone to volcanic eruptions and earthquakes as it is located on the Pacific "Ring of Fire".
"Ring of Fire": its a series of fault lines in a ring shape, stretching from the Western Hemisphere through Japan and Southeast Asia.
Earlier in February Mount Sinabung in North Sumatra province erupted leading to evacuation of thousands of people.>Login To Save for Revision
- Governments of India and China has designated the Year 2014 as the "Year of Friendly Exchanges">Login To Save for Revision
- Foot and Mouth Disease : Epidemic Feared in India - read more>Login To Save for Revision
- Germany's President's recent Visit to India - read more
Most Popular Stories
Like us ?
By solving 2 + 2 won't make you genius or by liking Sai Baba post won't make you successful. But if you read boring current affairs delivered by erewise then it will certainly help you crack your exams.
Erewise is a revision web portal especially designed & dedicated to students who want to make it big in the world through their academic skills and talents.
We cater to the needs of those who seek career in high offices by cracking competitive exams like SSC, UPSC, Banking, State PCS and others by providing them with comprehensive and interactive learning contents that keep them abreast with the relevant news and events around the world in an appealing way.
Write for us
You can now write your ideas/views on the current affairs and let all others to read them by publishing them on our website.
It's a golden chance to analyse your state of preparations by writing on daily current events and reviewing response/comments received on them.
- New Corporate Governance norms as well as mutual fund policy announced by SEBI.