China plans to build the longest underwater tunnel of the planet.
>Login To Save for Revision
- The 123-km long tunnel will connect the port cities of Dalian to Yantai on the east coast through the Bohai Bay.
- At present, Japanese 'Seikan Tunnel' holds the world record with a length of 53.9 kilometres.
- International Gandhi Award for leprosy 2013 has been conferred on Dr. Vijaykumar Vinayak Dongre and Prof. Guocheng Zhang for their outstanding contribution in this field.>Login To Save for Revision
- Following resignation of Arvind Kejriwal led AAP government, Delhi put under President Rule. However assembly has not been dissolved and the house has been kept under suspended animation.
National Capital Territory of Delhi will now be administered by President through Lt. Governor in accordance with the provision of Article 239 and Article 239AA of the Constitution.>Login To Save for Revision
- Indian Agricultural Research Institute (Pune) developes a virus-immune transgenic variety of papaya.
>Login To Save for Revision
- The breakthrough has the potential to revolutionize the global papaya industry.
- M Teresa kho has been appointed the new Director (India) of Asian Development Bank. She replaces Hun Kim.>Login To Save for Revision
- "Solar Impulse"- world’s first day and night-abled solar-powered wide body aircraft, to fly in India next year as part of its "round-the world experimental flight".
Also called 'Signature in the Skies’ it is a initiative of Switzerland based Solar Impulse led by CEO, Andre Borschberg and Bertrand Piccard.
Last year It created history by flying across US, Europe and Mediterranean Sea, night and day without fuel, powered by only solar energy.
It will now attempt "round-the world flight powered only by the sun".
weighing approx. 2,740 kg, it will be powered by 12,000 solar cells witha speed of 70 km/hr.>Login To Save for Revision
- New zealand's captain Brendon McCullum and B J Watling creates world record of highest ever sixth-wicket partnership in Test cricket.
They achieved the feat in 2nd Test against India at Wellington and broke the record of 351 runs partnership of Mahela and Prasanna Jayawardene, also set against India at Ahmedabad in 2009.>Login To Save for Revision
- Renaud Lavillenie, the French Olympic champion, breaks the Sergey Bubka's 21-year-old world record ( 6.14 m) in pole vault with a leap of 6.16 meter at Donetsk (Ukraine).
Most Popular Stories
Like us ?
By solving 2 + 2 won't make you genius or by liking Sai Baba post won't make you successful. But if you read boring current affairs delivered by erewise then it will certainly help you crack your exams.
Erewise is a revision web portal especially designed & dedicated to students who want to make it big in the world through their academic skills and talents.
We cater to the needs of those who seek career in high offices by cracking competitive exams like SSC, UPSC, Banking, State PCS and others by providing them with comprehensive and interactive learning contents that keep them abreast with the relevant news and events around the world in an appealing way.
Write for us
You can now write your ideas/views on the current affairs and let all others to read them by publishing them on our website.
It's a golden chance to analyse your state of preparations by writing on daily current events and reviewing response/comments received on them.