The Union Cabinet clears community-neutral 'Communal Violence Prevention Bill 2013'. The bill reduces the role of the legislatures while increasing that of public servants in the handling of riots.
>Login To Save for Revision
- The maiden Japan-India Maritime Exercise (JIMEX) in Indian water is to take place in the Bay of Bengal - off the Indian coast - from December 19-22, 2013.>Login To Save for Revision
- US commodities market regulator CFTC (Commodity Futures Trading Commission) appoints Sayee Srinivasan as acting Chief Economist.>Login To Save for Revision
- West Indian spinner Shane Shillingford has been suspended by the International Cricket Council (ICC) for illegal bowling action. He is suspended until he remedies his bowling action that now exceeds the arm-bending limit of 15 degrees.>Login To Save for Revision
- MK Goel selected by the Public Enterprises Selection Board (PESB) to be the new Chairman and Managing Director of Power Finance Corporation Ltd (PFC). The final decision is subject to clearance by Power Ministry and the Central Vigilance Commission.>Login To Save for Revision
- Petroleum Ministry conferred on 'National E-governance Awards 2012-13' by CSI for implementing project Lakshya to improve LPG distribution.>Login To Save for Revision
- Government approves "in principle" the setting up of the Greenfield airports across the country. These low-cost small airports will provide better air connectivity to the tier-II and tier-III cities.>Login To Save for Revision
- Senior BJP leader L K Advani releases collection of three books (compilations of his blog posts): My Take, Rashtra Sarvopari, and Drishtikon.>Login To Save for Revision
- 18th December observed as Minorities Rights Day by National Commission for Minorities, India.
To mark the day in 1992 when United Nations promulgated the “Declaration on the Rights of Persons belonging to National or Ethnic, Religious and Linguistic Minorities”
It proclaims : “States shall protect the existence of the National or Ethnic, Cultural, Religious and Linguistic identity of minorities within their respective territories and encourage conditions for the promotion of that identity.”>Login To Save for Revision
- 18th December is also observed as "International Migrants Day" to mark the occasion when UN General Assembly adopted the "International Convention on the Protection of the Rights of All Migrant Workers and Members of Their Families".
To disseminate information on human rights and fundamental freedoms of migrants and take steps to ensure their protection.
Most Popular Stories
Like us ?
By solving 2 + 2 won't make you genius or by liking Sai Baba post won't make you successful. But if you read boring current affairs delivered by erewise then it will certainly help you crack your exams.
Erewise is a revision web portal especially designed & dedicated to students who want to make it big in the world through their academic skills and talents.
We cater to the needs of those who seek career in high offices by cracking competitive exams like SSC, UPSC, Banking, State PCS and others by providing them with comprehensive and interactive learning contents that keep them abreast with the relevant news and events around the world in an appealing way.
Write for us
You can now write your ideas/views on the current affairs and let all others to read them by publishing them on our website.
It's a golden chance to analyse your state of preparations by writing on daily current events and reviewing response/comments received on them.
- The maiden Japan-India Maritime Exercise (JIMEX) in Indian water is to take place in the Bay of Bengal - off the Indian coast - from December 19-22, 2013.