Kapil Dev, former India cricket captain, awarded Col. C.K. Nayudu Lifetime Achievement Award 2013 by BCCI, Ashwin gets Polly Umrigar Award.
- read more >Login To Save for Revision
- Parliament finaly passes Lokpal bill- to to create a autonomous Ombudsman which will look into allegation of corruptions on public officials including Prime minister. States will have Lokayauktas as similar bodies. - read more>Login To Save for Revision
- Chinese Vessel ‘MV Seaman Guard Ohio’ (under Flag of Sierra Leone) was interdicted by Indian Coast Guard in Oct,2013 for suspected involvement in illegal transactions of arms and ammunition : Defence Ministry
It was escorted to Tuticorin port for investigation and later crew were arrested under Arms act and others.>Login To Save for Revision
- Sahitya Akademi Awards for 2013 announced for 22 Indian Languages (in 8th Schedule to Constitution) - read more>Login To Save for Revision
- The U.S. Federal Reserve to slowly, beginning January, taper its purchase of government bonds by 10b$ (current- 85b$ per month) ; ripples may be felt in Indian economy.
This monetary policy ("quantitative easing") was followed since 2008 US economic slowdown, where by Central Bank bought government backed bonds so as to infuse more and more liquidity/money into market
Comparatively better Unemployment rate and comfortable level of inflation rate prompted this move>Login To Save for Revision
- India's largest Morgue inaugurated at Forensic Medicine and Toxicology Faculty and Mortuary Block of Goa Medical College (GMC) in Bambolim.
a live forensic autopsy auditorium and a calamity site with a capacity to accommodate 150 bodies also equips it with India's first mass disaster medical infrastructure
Together with a full-fledged forensic academic institute, it will also be the first centre in India which has incorporated Justice Verma Committee recommendations by having a specially designed 'sexual assault crisis centre'.>Login To Save for Revision
- Cabinet approves "India Inclusive Innovation Fund' an initiative of Ministry of Micro Small and Medium Enterprises.
Fund : Initial Proposal 500 crore(min.) and 5,000 cr (Max.) ; initial Central Goverrnment contribution- 100cr.
aims promoting grass-root innovations by backing enterprises developing innovative solutions meant primarily for poor and marginalised Indians excluded from physical and institutional access to basic services.
i.e it will be a type of social investment which will not only provide social returns but also modest economic returns (i.e. its a "for-profit" entity)>Login To Save for Revision
- Angela Merkel finally elected as new German chancellor (for third term ) after her party Christian Democrats Union (CDU) struck 'grand coalition' deal with centre-left rival party Social Democrats (SPD). - read more>Login To Save for Revision
- Ukraine signs $15bn deal with Russia - to buy Ukrainian bonds of this value in addition to reducing the price of its gas supplies to Ukraine by 1/3rd.
Seen as a lifeline to save economic crisis in Ukraine ; also it will take it more closer to Russia than EU
Ukraine has seen massive protests recently as its pro-Russian President refused to sign economic deal with EU.
Most Popular Stories
Like us ?
By solving 2 + 2 won't make you genius or by liking Sai Baba post won't make you successful. But if you read boring current affairs delivered by erewise then it will certainly help you crack your exams.
Erewise is a revision web portal especially designed & dedicated to students who want to make it big in the world through their academic skills and talents.
We cater to the needs of those who seek career in high offices by cracking competitive exams like SSC, UPSC, Banking, State PCS and others by providing them with comprehensive and interactive learning contents that keep them abreast with the relevant news and events around the world in an appealing way.
Write for us
You can now write your ideas/views on the current affairs and let all others to read them by publishing them on our website.
It's a golden chance to analyse your state of preparations by writing on daily current events and reviewing response/comments received on them.
- Parliament finaly passes Lokpal bill- to to create a autonomous Ombudsman which will look into allegation of corruptions on public officials including Prime minister. States will have Lokayauktas as similar bodies. - read more