Current Affairs, News & Facts of 21 Oct 2013

    Comments (0)
  • North Zone and South Zone declared joint winners of the Duleep Trophy, 2013 following a rain affected final in Kochi. - read more cat
  •  
  • First unit of Kudankulam Nuclear Power Project in Tamil Nadu (1,000 MWe, VVER Pressurised Water Reactor ; supplied by Russia ) synchronised with the Southern Power Grid.

    With gradual and phased increase in its generation capacity, it will be later connected to the national grid

    attained criticality in July 2013

    with this the total Nuclear power generation in country will increase to 5780 MWe

    KKNPP-1 is the 20th NPCIL station connected to the grid

  •  
  • Government puts 37 percent of Western Ghats under Ecologically Sensitive Area category  - read more cat
  •  
  • 14th India-Russia Annual Summit : Five Bilateral Agreements signed during India PM visit to Russia
  •  
  • New Companies Law : Ministry of Corporate Affairs releases draft rules for the proposed National Financial Reporting Authority (NFRA) for comments.
    • This is the third set of draft rules released so far and pertains to Chapter V (Acceptance of Deposits by Companies), Chapter IX (NFRA) and Chapter XIV (Inspection, Inquiry and Investigation ; powers of Serious Fraud Investigation Office i.e. SFIO).
     
  •  
  • Significant Oil discovery made in BPCL-Videocon owned Farfan-1 block in Brazil's Segipe-Alagoas basin (located 140 km north to Aracaju, Capital city of northeastern Brazilian state of Sergipe).

    Consortium of Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) and Videocon Industries holds 40% while the Operator of the block, state owned, Petrobras holds remaining 60 %.

  •  



2nd Aug

Exam Date : 02-08-2016

Exam Time : 07:15:00

Ques/Time : 6/5 min


Sports

Exam Date : 01-08-2016

Exam Time : 06:00:00

Ques/Time : 8/5 min


Todays test

Exam Date : 22-07-2016

Exam Time : 05:10:00

Ques/Time : 3/5 min


Comments