Astronomers discover the most distant galaxy (z8_GND_5296) till date...
>Login To Save for Revision
- The galaxy, created within 700 million years after the Big Bang, has been observed by the researchers as it was 13 billion light years ago.
- It forms around 300 Sun-like stars every year in comparison to just 2-3 by our own galaxy 'Milky Way'.
- The researchers estimate its present distance to be roughly 30 billion light years away as the universe has been constantly expanding since inception.
- World marks 68th birthday of the United Nations on October 24, 2013. The day known as 'UN Day' has been celebrated as such since 1948. The theme for this (66th UN Day) year is "Partnership for Global Progress".>Login To Save for Revision
- The Reserve Bank of India constitutes GIRO Advisory Group (GAG) to implement a national bill payment system that will enable households to pay utility bills, school fees, remittances and other bills using their bank accounts.>Login To Save for Revision
- Supreme Court rules nation's highest-ever (Rs 5.96 crore) compensation in medical negligence to US based NRI Kunal Saha; Orders Kolkata based AMRI Hospital and 3 other doctors to pay the sum with interest to the NRI who lost his wife in 1998 owing to their laxity. - read more>Login To Save for Revision
- World observes 41st 'World Development Information Day' on October 24, 2013. It is annually held to draw the attention of worldwide public opinion to development problems and the need to strengthen international cooperation to solve them.
>Login To Save for Revision
- It was adopted by the UN General Assembly as resolution number 3038 passed on December 19, 1972.
- The day (Oct 24) was deliberately chosen to coincide with United Nations Day to stress the central role of development in the UN's work.
- Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) to export indigenously developed sonars to Myanmar.>Login To Save for Revision
- World observes 'World Polio Day' on October 24; resolves to eliminate it totally from the face of the globe.
- There are presently only three countries on planet namely Nigeria, Afghanistan, and Pakistan where transmission of indigenous wild poliovirus is still on; resulting in spread of fresh polio cases.
- World Polio Day was established by Rotary International over a decade ago to commemorate the birth of Jonas Salk, who led the first team to develop a vaccine against poliomyelitis.
Most Popular Stories
Like us ?
By solving 2 + 2 won't make you genius or by liking Sai Baba post won't make you successful. But if you read boring current affairs delivered by erewise then it will certainly help you crack your exams.
Erewise is a revision web portal especially designed & dedicated to students who want to make it big in the world through their academic skills and talents.
We cater to the needs of those who seek career in high offices by cracking competitive exams like SSC, UPSC, Banking, State PCS and others by providing them with comprehensive and interactive learning contents that keep them abreast with the relevant news and events around the world in an appealing way.
Write for us
You can now write your ideas/views on the current affairs and let all others to read them by publishing them on our website.
It's a golden chance to analyse your state of preparations by writing on daily current events and reviewing response/comments received on them.