Central laws to prevail over state rules on sand mining: National Green Tribunal
>Login To Save for Revision
- Central law mandates environmental clearance (EC) to be granted exclusively by Ministry of Environment and Forests (MoEF) and State Environment Impact Assessment Authority (SEIAA) and any deviation from this is considered illegal.
- The ruling came in the wake of dismissing Madhya Pradesh government’s plea to treat district level environmental committees as competent authority for grant of clearance for such activities.
- Acclaimed Dalit writer 'Omprakash Valmiki' passes away aged 63. He was best known for his autobiography "Joothan" (1997) which is regarded as a milestone in Dalit Hindi literature.>Login To Save for Revision
- "National Award for the Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities" is to be presented to 44 individuals/organizations in 14 different categories this year (2013). The awards are conferred annually by the President on the ‘International Day of Persons with Disabilities’ which falls on December 3. - read more>Login To Save for Revision
- Italian Senate expels former Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi from parliament over his conviction in a tax fraud case.>Login To Save for Revision
- "International Heavy Minerals Conference 2013" with theme "Overcoming New Challenges" concludes in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh. The 9th edition of this biennial event took place for the first time in India.
>Login To Save for Revision
- The Minerals with a density greater than 2.9 g/cm3 are called as heavy minerals. The few of them are: Garnet, Tourmaline, Topaz, magnetite, hematite, Glauconite.
- 4 new species of freshwater catfish have been discovered from the Manimala river in Kerala. They are: Horabagrus melanosoma, Mystus heoki, Mystus indicus and Mystus menoni.>Login To Save for Revision
- India’s first State-of-the-art Styrene Butadiene Rubber Plant comes up at Panipat, Haryana.
Most Popular Stories
Like us ?
By solving 2 + 2 won't make you genius or by liking Sai Baba post won't make you successful. But if you read boring current affairs delivered by erewise then it will certainly help you crack your exams.
Erewise is a revision web portal especially designed & dedicated to students who want to make it big in the world through their academic skills and talents.
We cater to the needs of those who seek career in high offices by cracking competitive exams like SSC, UPSC, Banking, State PCS and others by providing them with comprehensive and interactive learning contents that keep them abreast with the relevant news and events around the world in an appealing way.
Write for us
You can now write your ideas/views on the current affairs and let all others to read them by publishing them on our website.
It's a golden chance to analyse your state of preparations by writing on daily current events and reviewing response/comments received on them.