India slips three places to 134 (from last year's 131) in a list of 189 countries in the 'Ease-of-Doing-Business' ranking (2014) published by World Bank while Singapore tops the list followed by Hong Kong and New Zealand. India is awfully behind all her prominent neighbors like China (96), Sri Lanka (85), Pakistan (110) and even Bangladesh (130).
>Login To Save for Revision
- The index averages the country's percentile rankings on 10 parameters: starting a business, dealing with construction permits, getting electricity, registering property , paying taxes, trading across borders, getting credit, protecting investors, enforcing contracts and resolving insolvency.
- Arup Raha, presently the Vice-Chief of Air Staff, is to succeed NAK Browne as the next Air Chief Marshal of Indian Air Force after his retirement on December 31, 2013.>Login To Save for Revision
- World's first underwater rail link connecting two continents (Asia and Europe) opens in Turkey. Turkey is spread across Asia and Europe divided by Strait of Bosphorus. The link spanning 13 km is around 60 metre below the Strait of Bosphorus.>Login To Save for Revision
- Center constitutes five-member committee, headed by K. Vijay Kumar, to accelerate bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh and look into the modalities of the process. It is to consider issues relating to division of assets, properties, distribution of loans and other matters such as the issues arising out of making Hyderabad common capital.
>Login To Save for Revision
- It will also prepare a report on Law and Order problem which may arise after the formation of Telangana.
- Committee head 'K. Vijay Kumar' (Rtd. Police Officer of Tamil Nadu Cadre) had played a key role in arresting Sandal-wood smuggler Veerappan.
- It will submit its report to Home Ministry before 5th November.
- Government launches 'High Speed Rail Corporation' of India Limited (HSRC) to develop high speed rail corridors in India. The centre in the same regard has also inaugurated a two-day 'International Technical Conference' on - “High Speed Rail Travel: Low Cost Solutions” to focus on considering achieving higher speed trains in the range of 160 to 200 kmph with marginal inputs in the existing infrastructure.>Login To Save for Revision
- Tennis player and film producer Ashok Amritraj, who has produced 109 Hollywood films, honoured with the 'Soul of India Award' for his outstanding achievements in the film industry.>Login To Save for Revision
- Sushmita Sen receives Mother Teresa International Award 2013
Most Popular Stories
Like us ?
By solving 2 + 2 won't make you genius or by liking Sai Baba post won't make you successful. But if you read boring current affairs delivered by erewise then it will certainly help you crack your exams.
Erewise is a revision web portal especially designed & dedicated to students who want to make it big in the world through their academic skills and talents.
We cater to the needs of those who seek career in high offices by cracking competitive exams like SSC, UPSC, Banking, State PCS and others by providing them with comprehensive and interactive learning contents that keep them abreast with the relevant news and events around the world in an appealing way.
Write for us
You can now write your ideas/views on the current affairs and let all others to read them by publishing them on our website.
It's a golden chance to analyse your state of preparations by writing on daily current events and reviewing response/comments received on them.