No interviews for junior-level government jobs from January 1
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions has asked all ministries and departments to not conduct interviews for recruitment to various junior-level posts starting January 1, 2016 hence now from 1st of January 2016, there will be no interview for recruitment to the junior level posts in central ministries, departments, autonomous bodies and PSUs.
- The Govt. has issued an order that interviews will not be taken even in cases where selection was made purely on the basis of performance in interview. It has also clarified that skill test or physical test may continue but these will only be of qualifying nature.
- The decision to discontinue interview for recruitment is for all Group C and non-gazetted posts of Group 'B' category and all such equivalent posts. The ministries have also been asked to send a consolidated report to the DoPT by 7th January in this regard.
- Several vacancies that are filled by the Staff Selection Commission through the Combined Graduate Level exams will be directly affected through this new rule however Banks find no mention.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi had made an announcement regarding this in his Independence Day address that the practice of holding interviews for recruitment at lower levels in government could be done away with and had stressed that this change would eliminate corruption in recruitment at low levels as people had to run for recommendations following interview calls.>Login To Save for Revision
- After panchayats, Haryana sets educational qualification for municipal polls
Haryana Cabinet has decided to amend Section 13 A of Haryana Municipal Act 1973 and Section 8 of Haryana Municipal Corporation Act 1994 to make minimum educational qualification compulsory for aspirant contesting in elections for the urban local bodies (ULB) in the state on the lines of Panchayat polls.
Qualification required :
- Minimum educational qualification for male candidates would be matriculation
- For females and males belonging to scheduled caste it would be middle pass
- The primary pass women belonging to Scheduled Caste would be able to contest polls
- The candidate should have functional toilet at home and he or she should not be defaulter of cooperative bank loans and electricity department
Earlier, the state government has amended the Panchayati Raj Act fixing qualification for candidates to contest Panchayat polls. The decision was challenged in the Supreme Court and the apex court had pronounced decision in favour of the state government.>Login To Save for Revision
- Bihar to hold joint written test for recruitment of gazetted and non-gazetted posts
Bihar govt. has announced that there will be joint written examination for recruitment of Gazetted and Non-Gazetted posts in the State. Selected candidates will be recruited as per their merit and choice. There will be no written test for Doctors, Engineers and Agriculture services. They will be recruited on the basis of interview only. Vacant posts will be filled immediately.>Login To Save for Revision
- China successfully launches earth observation satellite Gaofen-4
China has successfully launched its “most sophisticated” observation satellite, Gaofen-4, as part of the country’s high-definition earth observation project. The satellite can “see” an oil tanker on the sea with a huge CMOS camera, reaching the best imaging level among global high-orbit remote sensing satellites.
Gaofen-4 was launched from the Xichang Satellite Launch Centre in the southwestern province of Sichuan aboard a Long March-3B carrier rocket. It was the 222th flight of the Long March rocket series and China’s 19th space mission in year 2015.
Facts about Gaofen-4 :
- Gaofen-4 is China’s first geosynchronous orbit HD optical imaging satellite and the world’s most sophisticated HD geosynchronous orbit remote sensing satellite.
- Gaofen-4 is located at the orbit 36,000 km away from the earth and moves synchronously with the earth.
Application: The satellite will be used for surveillance of geological disasters and forest disasters, disaster prevention and relief and meteorological forecast.
What is Gaofen Project ?
>Login To Save for Revision
- Gaofen Project is an ambitious space project of China that aims to provide real-time, all-day global Earth observation in any weather. The Gaofen project aims to launch seven high-definition observation satellites before 2020. Gaofen-1, the first satellite of the project, was launched in April 2013.
- The Gaofen satellites are part of the China High-Resolution Earth Observation System (CHEOS).The Earth Observation System and Data Center of China National Space Administration (EOSDC-CNSA) is responsible for organizing the construction of CHEOS.
- Centre approves assistance of Rs. 6,794 crore to three drought-hit states
Central Government has approved financial aid of Rs. 6,794 crore for three states—Maharashtra, Chhattisgarh and Madhya Pradesh affected by drought this year.The government has approved Rs.3,100 crore for Maharashtra, Rs.2,022 crore for Madhya Pradesh, and Rs.1,672 crore for Chhattisgarh
Maharashtra, which had declared drought about 15% of the state as drought hit i.e. more than 15,000 villages had demanded Rs.4,003 crore in central assistance. Apart from the aid for these three states, the centre in November had approved Rs.1,540 crore for Karnataka against the state’s demand for Rs.3,831.
Seven other states—Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Odisha, Rajasthan, Jharkhand and Uttar Pradesh—have also declared drought this year. Together, the 10 states had sought a central aid of Rs.38,667 crore. In 2015, the drought has affected crops spread over an area of 19 million hectare in just seven states. All, 18 states have been recorded deficit rainfall this year.>Login To Save for Revision
- Giorgi Kvirikashvili elected as the new prime minister of Georgia
Giorgi Kvirikashvili elected as Prime Minister of Georgia as the 12th Prime Minister of Georgia after then Prime Minister Irakli Garibashvili resigned from the post on December 29, 2015 without explaining his decision.
The parliament of Georgia has approved the new government by 86 votes to 28 against it. Now President Giorgi Margvelashvili will officially ratify this decision.
Kvirikashvili, 48, became Georgia`s third prime minister since the Georgian Dream coalition came into power in October 2012, preceded by Bidzina Ivanishvili and Irakli Garibashvili.
Facts about Giorgi Kvirikashvili :
Giorgi Kvirikashvili is a Georgian politician who had served as Georgia's Minister of Foreign Affairs since September 1, 2015. Prior to that he had served as Georgia’s Vice Prime Minister since July 2013. He was also Minister of Economy and Sustainable Development from October 2012 till September 2015.>Login To Save for Revision
- HAL ties up with Russian firm to build 200 Kamov choppers
In a major boost to the ‘Make in India’ programme Russia’s Rostech State Corporation has signed one billion US dollar deal with Bengaluru-based Hindustan Aeronautics Limited, HAL to manufacture 200 Kamov 226T light helicopters in India.
Rostec will organise in India, the production of Russian Ka-226T and its modifications in the amount of not less than 200 units. The agreement also provides for maintenance, operation and repair of helicopters.
About Kamov 226T helicopter :
The Kamov Ka-226 is a small, twin-engined Russian utility helicopter built by Kamov a Russian rotorcraft manufacturing company, that is specialised in compact helicopters with coaxial rotors, suitable for naval service and high-speed operations.
- It features an interchangeable mission pod, rather than a conventional cabin, allowing the use of various accommodation or equipment configurations.
- The chopper has a distinct design as it has coaxial rotors – a pair of rotors mounted one above the other.
- It is a versatile platform capable of operating in environments ranging from dense urban conditions to mountains.
The Kamov will replace the ageing fleet of Cheetah and Chetak, which are used to move troops and equipment to high-altitude locations like Siachen. We have 181 Cheetah/Chetak helicopters held by the Army in which 51 are 40 years or older and 78 are between 30-40 years old.
>Login To Save for Revision
- During the recent visit of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to Moscow, an agreement was signed between the two countries on cooperation in the field of helicopter manufacturing.
- India had originally planned to import 197 light helicopters but the Union government scrapped the $1 billion proposal in August last year for manufacturing the choppers in the country in a joint venture with a foreign firm.
- Rakhi, Kavita win Gold in Senior National Weightlifting Championship
Rakhi Haldar and Kavita Devi have won gold medal in National Weightlifting Championships that is going on in Patiala, Punjab.
- Rakhi lifted 94kg in the snatch and 119kg in clean and jerk to come up with a total lift of 213kg in Women's 69kg to win the gold medal.
- In Women's 75kg, Kavita Devi lifted 95kg in snatch and 122kg in clean and jerk for a total of 217kg to clinch the gold metal.
Winners in Men's category :
- V A Christopher won the gold medal in Men's 105kg with an overall lift of 329kg
- Laljit Singh lifted 317kg (141+176) and settled for silver
- Rashpal Singh, lifted 317kg (135+182) and settled for bronze
Most Popular Stories
Like us ?
By solving 2 + 2 won't make you genius or by liking Sai Baba post won't make you successful. But if you read boring current affairs delivered by erewise then it will certainly help you crack your exams.
Erewise is a revision web portal especially designed & dedicated to students who want to make it big in the world through their academic skills and talents.
We cater to the needs of those who seek career in high offices by cracking competitive exams like SSC, UPSC, Banking, State PCS and others by providing them with comprehensive and interactive learning contents that keep them abreast with the relevant news and events around the world in an appealing way.
Write for us
You can now write your ideas/views on the current affairs and let all others to read them by publishing them on our website.
It's a golden chance to analyse your state of preparations by writing on daily current events and reviewing response/comments received on them.