US undergoes first "partial government shutdown" in 17 years...
>Login To Save for Revision
- It means the government has run out of money to fund all but essential services.
- The situation is a result of political gridlock in getting the finance bill passed in the congress.
- The president need Republican party support, as he lack required number, to get the bill passed
- The gridlock is on the issue of funding Obama's health care law which the government has tied to the main bill which Republicans are intensely against.
- The world observes International Day of Older Persons on October 1.
The UN General Assembly declared October 1st as 'International Day of Older Persons' on December 14, 1990.
India confers national award 'Vayoshreshtha Samman' on eminent senior citizens on this occasion.>Login To Save for Revision
- Indian-American poet Rafiq Kathwari wins the Patrick Kavanagh Poetry Award. He is the first non-Irish person to win this prize.>Login To Save for Revision
- Lalu Yadav convicted in 'fodder scam' by a special CBI court in Ranchi; likely to be disqualified as an MP, can't fight elections for six years after serving sentence.>Login To Save for Revision
- Anup Sridhar wins the 'Yonex Czech International badminton tournament' beating Italy’s Indra Bagus Ade Chandra 21-11, 21-16 in the final.>Login To Save for Revision
- Koneru Humpy wins the FIDE Women’s Grand Prix chess title held at Tashkent, Uzbekistan.>Login To Save for Revision
- BCCI: N Srinivasan elected (unopposed) as president for the third consecutive year; Ranjib Biswal takes over as new IPL Chairman from Rajiv Shukla.
Most Popular Stories
Like us ?
By solving 2 + 2 won't make you genius or by liking Sai Baba post won't make you successful. But if you read boring current affairs delivered by erewise then it will certainly help you crack your exams.
Erewise is a revision web portal especially designed & dedicated to students who want to make it big in the world through their academic skills and talents.
We cater to the needs of those who seek career in high offices by cracking competitive exams like SSC, UPSC, Banking, State PCS and others by providing them with comprehensive and interactive learning contents that keep them abreast with the relevant news and events around the world in an appealing way.
Write for us
You can now write your ideas/views on the current affairs and let all others to read them by publishing them on our website.
It's a golden chance to analyse your state of preparations by writing on daily current events and reviewing response/comments received on them.