All England Open Badminton Championships 2014
Lee Chong Wei has reclaimed the men's singles title at All England Open Badminton Championships 2014 for the 3rd time with an emphatic straight games victory (21-13 21-18) over Chen Long of China. The world number one Malaysian thus revenged for his last year's loss to Chen (same opponent) in the final here.
- Chinese Wang Shixian won the women's singles title beating compatriot and Olympic champion Li Xuerui 21-19, 21-18 in the final.
- Indonesian pair of Mohammad Ahsan and Hendra Setiawan captured the men's doubles title with a 21-19, 21-19 win over Japanese pair of Hiroyuki Endo and Kenichi Hayakawa.
- Yu Yang and Wang Xiaoli of China defeated their compatriot Ma Jin and Tang Yuanting by 21-17, 18-21 and 23-21 in the summit clash.
- Indonesian pair of Tontowi Ahmad and Lilyana Natsir thrashed Chinese pair of Zhang Nan and Zhao Yunlei by 21-13, 21-17 in the mixed doubles final.
About the championship
- All England Open Badminton Championships is one of the world's oldest (since 1899) and most prestigious badminton tournaments.
- The annual competition with the total prize money of $400,000 is held at Birmingham.
Most men's singles title holder
- Rudy Hartono (Indonesia) : 8 titles
Most women's singles title holder
- Judy Devlin (US) : 10 titles
Most successful player
- England's George Alan Thomas with 4 men's singles, 9 doubles titles together with 8 captured in mixed event has a staggering total of 21 trophies.
- Pullela Gopichand has clinched men's singles title here in 2001 becoming only the 2nd Indian after Prakash Padukone (1980) to do so.
- Both had secured the men's singles titles.