Australian Open 2014: The winners
Stanislas Wawrinka humbled injured Rafael Nadal 6–3, 6–2, 3–6, 6–3 in the final to clinch his maiden Australian Open men’s singles title. This, incidentally his maiden victory over clay-king Nadal, could not have come at a better time than this. Ironically, he never even had won a single set against him in their previous 12 encounters.
- Previous winner: Novak Djokovic
- Chinese Li Na lifted the women’s singles title thrashing Dominika Cibulkova in straight sets 7–6, 6–0.
- It was her 2nd Grand Slam singles title after one in 2011 at the French Open.
- Previous winner: Victoria Azarenka
- Sara Errani and Roberta Vinci emerged as the only one to have retained their crown this year at Australian Open by winning the women's doubles title against Ekaterina Makarova and Elena Vesnina.
- It was their 4th Grand Slam title together.
- Lukasz Kubot and Robert Lindstedt clinched their maiden Grand Slam trophy with a victory over Eric Butorac and Raven Klaasen in the final of men's doubles title.
- It was disappointment for India in the mixed doubles event as Sania Mirza (with her Romanian partner Horia Tecau) lost in the final to the pair of Daniel Nestor and Kristina Mladenovic.
- It was their 2nd Grand Slam title after winning Wimbledon last year.
- It was the 102nd edition of the Australian Open - the first of the 4 Grand Slam.
- It was the first time in the open era that both defending singles champions crashed out of Australian Open in the quarterfinals itself.
- Sania had lifted the mixed doubles title here in 2009 with Mahesh Bhupathi.