Centre launches e-monitoring platform 'Pragati' to fast-track delayed projects
Delay and inefficiency in government projects have been part and parcel of life in India.
PM Modi wants to change that with the launch of e-monitoring platform named 'PRAGATI'.
PRAGATI (Pro-Active Governance And Timely Implementation) platform will keep an eye on the important programmes and projects of the governments so that they get completed in a time-bound and efficient manner.
This IT-based system will not only iron out the lag and complications in the projects but also act as a grievances redressal mechanism.
It will employ Digital data management, video-conferencing and geo-spatial technology to take stock of progress or the lack of it.
Who are Involved ?
- Prime Minister will hold a monthly programme where he will interact with the Government of India Secretaries, and Chief Secretaries through Video-conferencing enabled by data and geo-informatics visuals.
- It is a three-tier system with PMO, Union Government Secretaries, and Chief Secretaries of the States.
- It will be held once in every month on 4th Wednesday.
- Issues to be discussed before the PM are picked up from the available database regarding Public Grievances, on-going Programmes and pending Projects.
- It will also take into consideration various correspondences to PM's office by the common people or from high dignitaries of States and/or developers of public projects.
- Union Government Secretaries and Chief Secretaries have to put their comments and updates about the flagged issues within three days (i.e. by next Monday).
- On Tuesday, PMO team will review those data and plan the road ahead.
PM will have every related information on his screen like the issue, update and visuals to reach an informed decision on a given issue.