Corey Anderson slams fastest ODI century
New Zealand little-known batsman Corey Anderson registered his name in the cricket's record books by hitting the fastest ODI century against a hapless looking West Indian attack in a match played at Queenstown. He, in the process, shattered a long standing record of fastest ODI century (in 37 balls) made by Shahid Afridi in 1996 at Nairobi against the then world champion Sri Lanka.
Fastest centuries across formats
Top 3 in ODI:
- Corey Anderson (in 36 deliveries) for New Zealand against West Indies at Queenstown in 2014
- Shahid Afridi (in 37 deliveries) for Pakistan against Sri Lanka at Nairobi in 1996.
- Mark Boucher (in 44 deliveries) for South Africa against Zimbabwe at Potchefstroom in 2006
Top 3 in test:
- Viv Richards (in 56 deliveries) for West Indies against England
- Adam Gilchrist (in 57 deliveries) for Australia against England
- Jack Gregory (in 67 deliveries) for Australia against South Africa