India Open Super Series 2014: The Results
World number one Malaysian 'Lee Chong Wei' has retained the men's singles title at the India Open Super Series by trumping Chinese challenger 'Chen Long' with an impressive scoreline of 21-13, 21-17 in final.
- This was his 3rd title at the event, the most by far in this category (in 2011, 2013 & 2014)
- He pocketed $250,000 in prize money, $50,000 more than last year's 2 lac USD.
- The championship is being held as the Super Series tournament, a 2nd level tournament in the badminton world, since 2011.
- Level one competitions in Badminton
- The Thomas (men), Uber (women), and Sudirman Cups, the Olympics, and the BWF World (and World Junior Championships).
Shixian Wang of China clinched the women's singles title by pipping compatriot Li Xuerui by 22-20, 21-19 in a thrilling encounter.
Previous winner: Ratchanok Intanon of Thailand
- Chinese pair of 'Yuanting Tang & Yang Yu' overcame the South Korean pair of 'Kyung Eun Jung & Ha Na Kim' by 21-10, 13-21, 21-16.
- Danes 'Mathias Boe & Carsten Mogensen' trumped Chinese challengers 'Xiaolong Liu & Zihan Qiu' by 17-21, 21-15, 21-15.
- Joachim Fischer Nielsen & Christinna Pedersen (both from Denmark) defeated 'Sung Hyun Ko & Ha Na Kim' (South Koreans) by 21-16, 18-21, 21-18