Leander Paes: The oldest Grand Slam champion
Age is just a number for Indian tennis great Leander Paes who has put youngsters to shame with another Grand Slam doubles title at Australian Open 2015 - becoming the oldest to capture a Grand Slam title at the age of 41 with his mixed doubles Swiss partner Martina Hingis.
It is his 15th Grand Slam trophy that includes 8 Men's doubles and 7 mixed doubles crowns. They beat Daniel Nestor and Kristina Mladenovic in the final.
List of all 15 titles won by Paes
- Australian Open (3): in 2003, 2010, and now in 2015
- Wimbledon (3): in 1999, 2003, and 2010
- US Open (1): It came in 2008
- French Open (1): in 2005
He was also the sole Indian medalist in Atlanta Olympic 1996; winning a bronze medal in singles.
- Novak Djokovic once again reigned supreme and captured his 5th Australian Open and 10th Grand Slam single's title overall.
- He overwhelmed Andy Murray.
- Serena Williams overpowered Maria Sharapova to bag her 19th Grand Slam singles title.
- She is just 3 title behind the all time great Steffi Graf who has 22.
- Bethanie Mattek-Sands and Lucie Safarova are the new champion.
- They beat Zheng Jie and Chan Yung-jan in the final.
- All Italian pair of Simone Bolelli and Fabio Fognini beat Frenchmen Pierre-Hughes Herbert and Nicolas Mahut.
- Leander Paes and Martina Hingis
List of Grand Slams:
- Australian Open take place in January and played on hard court.
- French Open take place in May/June and played on clay court.
- Wimbledon take place in June/July and played on grass court. Its the oldest Grand Slam.
- US Open take place in August/September and played on hard court.