Novak Djokovic beats Roger Federer in finals of Wimbledon 2015
2015 Wimbledon Championship tournament was being held at All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club. It was the 129th edition of the championships and the 48th edition in the Open Era.
Winners of 2015 Wimbledon Championship Titles :-
Men’s Singles Title:-
- Defending Champion Novak Djokovic of Serbia won the 2015 Men’s Singles Wimbledon Title after defeating seven-time champion Roger Federer by 7-6 (7-1) 6-7 (10-12) 6-4 6-3 score
- It was Novak Djokovic’s 3rd Wimbledon Title (2011, 2014 and 2015) overall 12th men’s single Grand Slam title.
Women’s Doubles Title:-
Serena Williams of United States has won Women’s Singles Wimbledon title at 2015 after defeating Garbine Muguruza of Spain by 6-4, 6-4 score.
It is Williams’ sixth Women’s Singles Wimbledon title (2002, 2003, 2009, 2010, 2012 and 2015) and overall 21th Grand Slam title.
Men’s Doubles Title:-
Jean-Julien Rojer (Netherlands) and Horia Tecău (Romania) pair won the 2015 men’s Doubles Wimbledon Title after beating Jamie Murray (UK) and John Peers (Australia) pair by 7–5, 6–4, 6–4
Mixed Doubles Title: -
Leander Paes (India) and Martina Hingis (Switzerland) pair won the 2015 Mixed Doubles Wimbledon Title by defeating Alexander Peya (Austria) and Tímea Babos (Hungary) pair by 6-1, 6-1
Boys’ Doubles Title: -
Sumit Nagal (India) and Ly Hoang Nam (Vietnam) pair won the 2015 Boy’s Doubles Wimbledon Title by defeating Reilly Opelka (US) and Akira Santillan (Japan) pair by 7–6(7–4), 6-4
Facts to remember :-
- The Australian and US tournaments are played on hard courts, the French on clay, and Wimbledon on grass.
- Wimbledon is the oldest, founded in 1877, followed by the US in 1881, the French in 1891, and the Australian in 1905.
- Fed Cup is the premier international team competition in women's tennis, launched in 1963. The men’s equivalent of the Fed Cup is the Davis Cup.
- Australia, Czech Republic and the United States are the only countries that have held both the Fed Cup and Davis Cup at the same time.