'Rashtriya Khel Protsahan Puruskar Scheme' gets a new look
Sports Ministry has revised the Rashtriya Khel Protsahan Puruskar Scheme to boost corporate money into promotion of Sports in the country.
The program was introduced in 2009 to encourage and promote involvement of corporates, sports promotion boards etc, in the promotion and development of sports in the country.
In the revised scheme, Rashtriya Khel Protsahan Puruskar will be given in following four categories:
- Identification and nurturing of budding/young talent
- Encouragement of sports through Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
- Employment of sportspersons and sports welfare measures
- Sports for Development
- Companies can now dedicate their mandatory 2% funds under CSR to promotion of Sports in the country under the newly added category 'Encouragement of sports through Corporate Social Responsibility'.
- For the same, 'Training to promote rural sports, nationally recognized sports, Paralympic sports and Olympic sports' have been included in the Schedule VII of the Companies Act 2013.
- As for NGOs, a separate category 'Sports for Development' is included in the revised scheme to recognize the contributions of NGOs working in Sports field.