Rory McIlroy lifts Australian Open; Gaganjeet Bhullar Indonesia Open Golf tournament
Rory McIlroy of Northern Ireland pips hot favourite Adam Scott (Australia) in a dramatic finish to clinch Australian Open by one shot (birdie). He birdied the final hole to stunn the then leader Adam Scott breaking his dream of completing the coveted triple crown of Australian majors in a year (Australian PGA, Australian Masters titles and Australian Open).
- This is Rory's first triumph since the World Tour Championship in Dubai in November 2012.
- Adam Scott would have become only the second man, after compatriot Robert Allenby in 1995, to complete the Australian triple crown had he won this title.
Gaganjeet Bhullar Indonesia Open Golf tournament:
Gaganjeet Bhullar has captured his 5th Asian Tour title with a runaway victory at the Indonesia Open Golf tournament. He, with the scores of 64 67 69 and 69, remained the wire-to-wire leader from round one till the very end. Nicholas Fung of Malaysia ended up as joint runner-ups with Thailand's Chapchai Nirat.
His list of Asian Tour wins
- Indonesia President Invitational 2009
- Asian Tour International 2010
- Yeangder Tournament Players Championship 2012
- Venetian Macau Open 2012
- Indonesia Open 2013
- Indians Jyoti Randhawa and Anirban Lahiri claimed fifth and sixth place respectively making it three Indians in the top-6.
- This triumph has pushed him up to 4th rank on the 'Asian Tour Order of Merit' from 6th.
- The top 3 in that list are: Kiradech Aphibarnrat (Thailand) Scott Hend (Australia) and Siddikur Rahman (Bangladesh) respectively.
What is 'Asian Tour Order of Merit'?
- Its a ranking of golfers in terms of how much they have earned through 'Asian Tour' at the end of the season.